A little over two years ago we were talking about the future of work in a little office on 60th and Madison. It seemed crazy to us that people were still complaining about the software they were using at work.
We set out on a mission to make work easier and this past year we made tremendous strides towards that original vision.
I couldn't be more proud or excited of all that we have done in 2017 and all that is still ahead.
So what have we done in 2017?
Here are just a few highlights and something to reflect on.
- The Slack Fund announces their investment in Troops
- Our very own Scott Britton makes the Forbes 30 Under 30 for Enterprise Tech
- We are named as "50 NYC Startups to watch in 2017" by BuiltInNYC
- We are featured on CNBC and in Entrepreneur Magazine
- We were selected in the Bloomberg's list "These Are the 50 Most Promising Startups You’ve Never Heard Of" out of 50,000 companies. Last time this list was created 8 years ago, other companies selected were Evernote, Spotify, Etsy, Zynga, Palantir, Twitch, and it would have been the second-best performing VC portfolio of all time.
- We were featured in other outlets like TechCrunch, Forbes, VentureBeat, SalesHacker, NYTimes, Huffington Post, Thomson Reuters and more.
- We rolled up our sleeves and invested in privacy and security and became SOC2 compliant. In 2018, we will be investing even more here.
- We did our first hackathon...and then another during Halloween. #Hacktoberfest
- We became the first company to launch a product that writes back to a CRM from messaging interface
- We exhibited at Slack's first-ever customer event, Slack Frontiers, and was featured in numerous panels and keynotes. “Dan, you need to buy that guy from Square some beer. He just talked about how much he loved Troops the whole time on his panel.”
- We tripled in team size and finally realized our vision of team diversification. We still have lots more to do here but we believe diversification is a competitive advantage and not just a political checkbox we need to make.
- Thousands of users and teams are on the Troops platform
- Processing several billion rows of data to drive our intelligence platform
- We volunteered our time with Defy Ventures and judged New York’s first-ever business plan competition in a state correctional facility. We also volunteered our time with Coalition 4 Queens (C4Q) to help young kids from diverse and low-income backgrounds learn how to code and develop business plans.
- We built a ten foot, dancing robot
- Getting out of Troops beta and launching our brand new Troops platform with an easier way to find and activate intelligent workflows
And with all the craziness and uncertainty this world brings, what I'm most proud of is this…
An amazing team...and you! The incredible partners we are fortunate to work with each and every day.
A small group can do great things and as much as we’re excited about the work done in 2017, we’re even more excited for the year ahead.
Raising a digital toast to the new year!
P.S. And here is a new video to check out some capabilities of our new platform.