As an industry-leading Cybersecurity company, Thycotic Software’s products protects companies around the world from cyber-attacks. They serve 12,500+ customers worldwide, including 25 of the Fortune 100, while maintaining a 97% customer renewal rate and a 96% customer satisfaction rate.
Such a crucial role in protecting their customers’ data requires exceptionally high standards for Thycotic’s Customer Support team. They are under pressure to solve customer problems as quickly and reliably as possible.
Thycotic turns to Troops as a solution to help meet stringent service-level agreements (SLA) while delivering excellent customer experiences. Troops workflows and Slack messaging help them:
- Simplify and speed up support ticket assignments
- Increase response rates and improve SLA compliance rates
- Foster team collaboration on high-severity support cases and
- Provide white-glove customer experiences for priority customers.
We spoke with Derrick Labaran, Director of Americas Support & Special Teams at Thycotic Software, to learn more about how Troops helps to support Thycotic in meeting and exceeding their customers’ expectations.
As Director of Americas Support & Special Teams for a Cybersecurity company, Derrick Labaran says that meeting the demands of strict SLAs is of the utmost importance. “For us, one of the key things is to know about cases immediately they are submitted and/or assigned to a team member. This helps us all to react quickly and effectively to not only meet SLA, but get to a resolution in the shortest time,” he says. “Troops gives us the flexibility to move and act quickly.”
Thycotic’s Global Customer Support Engineers need to spring into action at all times
When it comes to nailing customer support, the stakes are high for Thycotic.
If something goes wrong within a customer’s environment, it could mean exposing customers to any number of cyber-attacks—thus leaving those customers’ vulnerable to data loss. Support tickets can come in at any time, from anywhere. It is crucial that their 24/7 customer support team, distributed across several continents, adhere to time and prioritization demands of customer SLAs.
The problem is, time zones make it tricky to meet SLA standards 100% of the time.
To ensure a timely response and avoid time zone lags, Thycotic generally assigns support teams to cases originating from the same regions. A case coming in from the Americas will likely go into the Americas queue and team member.
But if an Americas severity 1 or 2 case comes through after 8 p.m. EST, and the customer has a Premier Support package, that case needs to be routed to team members in APAC. Thycotic needed a way to ensure that key stakeholders and Support Managements were alerted of critical or urgent cases worldwide.
“Depending on the severity of the case, we have stringent response times,” Derrick told us. “Not only for the first response, but also so that [cases] are worked on consistently.”
Then there is the nature of Thycotic’s support cases, which are not simple fixes.
“The cases that we get are incredibly complicated,” Derrick said. “The vast majority involve having a remote session with a customer, re-creating stuff in our own test environments etc.
Thycotic uses Salesforce as it’s CRM and for support cases.
How Troops helps Thycotic Support maintain a 99+% SLA response rate
Troops helped Thycotic streamline the assignment and prioritization of support tickets. By pushing notifications to Slack, Troops gave Thycotic’s support team members real-time visibility into support cases as they came in and are assigned.
Getting critical information to the right people in real time
As soon as a case gets assigned in Salesforce, Troops sends a Slack notification to the assigned agent with the severity, context of the issue, and details on who the agent will need to collaborate with.
“We have a very strong Slack culture, and people are always collaborating with each over Slack” said Derrick. “The Slack notifications are much more effective in getting the team’s attention.”
Working on high-priority cases as a team
Troops also fosters collaboration by alerting the worldwide support team of high-severity cases
“Severity 1 cases usually [come in through] a direct call-in from a customer,” Derrick told us. “The entire [worldwide] support team gets notified via Troops about the severity 1 case, and we handle them by hand-raisers. We do this because we want to make sure the support ticket is handled by someone with time.”
Bringing management in at the right time
If no one is available to handle a high-severity case immediately, Troops sends a second alert a short time later, notifying the worldwide management team that the case needs to be addressed immediately.
“We are able to get an Engineer to immediately jump on a remote session with the customer 98% of the time,” said Derrick. “And at worst case, a Lead or Manager is able to commit to a call back time.
The results: near-perfect SLA compliance
Thycotic also uses Troops to simplify processes for their sales and customer success teams. Here are just a few examples of workflows Thycotic uses to power customer relationships and revenue:
- Sales coaching: Sales managers use Troops to coach reps in real time without digging around Salesforce to find the calls. Thycotic’s Director of Sales Development and Renewals, Dudley Arbaugh reports that his sales coaching workflow helps his sales development representatives (SDRs) ramp faster.
- Customer success: When a sales rep sells a certain product or sends a quote, Troops alerts the professional services team, so they are prepared to service/onboard a new client.
- Trial user onboarding: Thycotic plans to shift from campaign reports to real-time alerts when a lead requests a trial.
The Troops advantage
Thycotic’s global Customer Support team met and exceeded a high bar of customer service excellence with the help of the Troops workflows.
Imagine what your support team will accomplish when partnering with Troops:
- Rocket-boost support response rates: Create workflows that automatically assign and escalate tickets based on any number of conditions, including severity, customer tier, location, and time unassigned.
- Deliver the best data for the quickest response: Troops integrations with major customer support platforms like Salesforce Support, Zendesk, Intercom, and Jira will help your team provide speedy and satisfying customer experiences.
- Empower your team to take ownership of individual challenges: Troops makes it easy for anyone to create automations to streamline inefficient processes holding them back.
- Accomplish more with less back-and-forth: No more hopping between apps and tabs or tracking down emails. Troops sends everything you need to know straight to Slack or Teams.
If a global team of cyber-defenders can level up their support response to 99% SLA compliance, anyone can. Troops will help you get there.