“Hard truth is the kindest gift that any friend has ever given me. It goes through the resistant mind and hits to the heart of what needs to happen in that particular moment in a way that cracks the egg open and allows you to be exposed.” - Nate Gilmore
Nate Gilmore, Chief Revenue Officer at PandaDoc, joined Scott Britton and Andrei Newman on the Business Is Human Podcast to discuss taking on large incumbents, creating wow moments in the buyer’s journey & the assisted-sales model.
Here are some quick takeaways:
- The large incumbent is a ‘worthy rival’.
- Every business needs to be reinvented every 5-10 years and there are many different GTM & product strategies you can employ to achieve differentiation (and create market share).
- B2B buying is beginning to look more and more like B2C where the buyer is coming in super informed.
- It’s all about what the buyer wants to do and how they want to accomplish it today.
- A software product is like an iceberg. You want to give the buyer enough context on that bigger vision so that they do not assume all the value lies in the tip.