“Do I want to meet this person again? Is this a person that I want to have another conversation with? I think these two questions sum up the entire CSM role for me and are fantastic questions to ask yourself following an interview with a potential candidate for a role in CS?” - Ziv Peled
Here are some nuggets of wisdom:
- Hires today must be ‘plug and play'.
- You need to be comfortable saying ‘no’ to customer feature requests.
- CSMs should be measured by the value they drive for customers (not revenue).
- The SaaS model is built on land and expand and you need to put yourself in a position to continuously drive more value for customers so that you can grow with them.
- It’s important to drive organizational outcomes AND personal wins for key POCs.
- Customer advisory boards can dramatically accelerate product-market fit.