Ryan Denehy CEO of Electric AI joined Scott Britton and Andrei Newman on Business is Human to discuss overcoming VC objections, key learnings from his past ventures, building out an exec team, and how to learn faster.
Some can’t miss takeaways:
- It takes a great deal of time to figure out if someone has an ‘X factor’.
- Having a strong understanding of business fundamentals (like margins and moat) will determine your ability to pivot and execute effectively.
- It’s imperative that entrepreneurs are brutally honest with themselves about their business.
- The dumbest thing you can do is reinvent the wheel for the purpose of reinventing the wheel. The greatest inventions are riffs on things that already exist.
- Executive recruiting processes should eliminate as much doubt as possible.
- Your customers have all the best answers to your problems.