“One thing that stuck out to my co-founder and I is there were companies that would raise a ton of money, never be profitable, get acquired, and be applauded by others as ‘big successes’. Klaviyo was never meant to be an arbitrage play, we really wanted to build a lasting business that was sustainable and a real value add. We bootstrapped for 2-3 years and that taught us a lot about getting close to customers and learning how to run a business tight.” - Andrew Bialecki
- If a customer does not use a feature, it’s either because they don’t have time or it’s not easy enough to use.
- Build software that people love to use (and interact with) and they will spread the word for you.
- Finding work/life balance is a continuous life challenge.
- Have empathy for your customers (not sympathy).
- It’s scary how many businesses rely on middlemen like Google & FB.