Ryan Barretto (SVP of Sales at Sprout Social, Inc.) joined Scott Britton and Andrei Newman on the Business Is Human Podcast.
“It’s ok that you don’t know the answer. Oftentimes people put on a facade and want to show they know the answer (even when they don’t). However, when you raise your hand and are vulnerable, tons of resources come your way and you get better faster because of it. It took me a while to realize this and if I had made the change sooner I think I would have gotten to where I am today quicker.”- Ryan Barretto
Here are some key points:
- Customers should engage with a sales team because they truly feel like it will lead to a quicker evaluation of the software.
- Adaptability and curiosity are critical for success in sales.
- Hire ‘learn-it-alls’ not ‘know-it-alls’.
- Aligning hiring rubrics across departments is key to building the type of talent density that produces outsized outcomes.
- The ability to give effective feedback is second to none.