Godard Abel (CEO at G2) joined Scott Britton and Andrei Newman on the Business Is Human Podcast.
“A lot of times I think the best ideas are divine. Some greater universe, some greater energy that you are just tapping into. But I also find that for myself, I can only tap into this state when I am open, present, and all there."
Here are some key takeaways:
- The future of software purchasing will feature a more seamless connection between buyers and sellers.
- Existing customers are a B2B software company's biggest growth channel.
- Using fear and anxiety as fuel makes it difficult to be a highly effective leader.
- Leaders with a hard edge risk discouraging their team from sharing the best ideas.
- Exec teams should seek out coaching and development in parallel to establish a common language.
- Companies that have 5 stars on G2 actually don’t do that well(the ideal rating is actually ~4.5/5).