Alison Elworthy (EVP of Rev Ops at HubSpot) joined Scott Britton and Andrei Newman on the Business Is Human Podcast.
“There is no clear playbook for operations teams and the function has operated in a reactive way for a long time. Ops folks are innovative and they have big ideas but they get bogged down in massive to-do lists. We need to unleash operations teams and empower them to chase and realize big strategic initiatives.”
Here are some key takeaways:
- Revenue operations is the key to breaking linear growth (growing faster than headcount).
- Customers are seen as an output of the sales & marketing funnel yet they are really a big input into creating a growth flywheel.
- Consider building your GTM strategy on top of the customer experience you’ve created.
- There is no standardized playbook for ops and that’s why it’s been so difficult for them to be proactive.
- It is the small moments of delight that really create evangelists.
- Treating your support org as a cost center is a big mistake.