Wyeth Goodenough (CCO of Ironclad) discusses how to understand value across customer segments, why the right customer success engagement model depends on product complexity, and the importance of forming personal connections in business.
Some key points below:
- The customer success lens is applicable to every single business since every single company is trying to create happy customers that renew or buy again.
- Business moves so much more smoothly when you actually know the person. Focus on building relationships early on.
- Everyone should be thinking about the renewal from the beginning. The renewal starts during implementation.
- Adoption does not mean business value. You have to clearly understand where the value of your product lies to know whether customers will renew.
- The right success engagement model varies depending on the complexity of your product.