Here are some key takeaways from the conversation:
- Solving a problem or facing a challenge with someone is the best way to get to know them.
- It’s important to be incredibly mindful of the behaviors you celebrate in your company.
- A key aspect of being able to take dollars online is the level of commitment you are asking for (monthly billing > yearly contract).
- The best companies are accepting and embracing that people will want to try things before they buy them (you cannot hide behind slick marketing or a hyper charismatic salesperson anymore).
- As a CEO, it’s important to avoid behavior that might make an exec feel disempowered.
- Create a culture that makes employees feel comfortable with speaking to you and bringing pressing issues to light.
- Invest in educating your salespeople on how to have an executive-level conversation.