Here are some key takeaways from the conversation:
- It’s very difficult to market something (and capture people’s attention) when you build in an iterative fashion.
- Building a culture of excellence is incredibly difficult because excellence itself is relative.
- Creating alignment and a shared commitment to excellence is one of the most important things a founder can do.
- Providing examples of excellence and setting an expectation of how long or hard it is to achieve is critical.
- Centralization at scale is possible if you build the right systems.
- If quality was only linked to time and money, every company would have the same outcomes.