Salesforce is synonymous with CRM. The cloud-based company’s enterprise offerings were recently bolstered by the landmark acquisition of Slack for nearly $28B. Bill Patterson, EVP and GM of CRM at Salesforce, had a front-row seat to this monumental integration.
Bill joined hosts Scott and Andrei to discuss the synergies gained from the Slack acquisition, how to achieve work-life harmony, and how to stand out as a sales rep in an online environment.
Here are some quick takeaways:
- Always operate with consideration of your core values. When crises like the Covid pandemic occur, these values will keep driving you forward
- Business is the biggest platform for change. Find ways that your company can do good.
- Ensure that your employees have the tools to communicate seamlessly both internally and externally
- Calls per hour is an outdated metric for tracking a sales rep’s productivity- more attention should be paid to the quality of relationships being formed with clients
- You don’t know everything. Be a learn-first person